27 Jul 2012

I object

Time for a rant!

I object.
I object to giving money to the robbers and swindlers who got us into this crisis.
I object to giving money to the bankers who supported the constructors who created the bubble which burst over us all.
I object to giving money to the bankers who sold the idea of easy credit: "Get what you want, when you want and get it now!". They sold 30-year mortgages, the construction sector collapsed and people are now being evicted and living in the streets.
I object to paying massive pensions to bankers who have already lined their pockets with our money.
I object to paying money to bankers who got us into this mess and having to listen to them telling us what we must do to get out of it: "tighten our belts", when they will never go hungry or suffer at the end of the month.
I object.

Please, someone read Fritz Schumacher: "Small is Beautiful". Send free copies to the bankers, politicians, economists and CEOs of the globalised multinationals.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Reuben
    Great rant! I get so frustrated at all those who just meekly submit to their manipulation, their being lied to, then their being robbed and ultimately, their eventual enslavement. ggggrrrr
    Time for a revolution. Maybe you would enjoy this rant of mine done in poetry ;-)

    http://www.ukauthors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=28501

    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. Loved your poem by the way.

    ReplyDelete